The stopping design is based upon a tough woven flexible fabric material held in place by mesh, chemically anchored roof and rib bolts and a specially shaped washer assembly. A blue coloured impermeable bonded layer is used to seal each side of the fabric to provide important fire resistant anti-static (FRAS) properties. Full scale explosion pressure tests were successfully conducted on the 2 psi Quickseal at TestSafe’s Londonderry NSW facility.
- Quick & easy to install.
- More cost effective than sprayed cementitious type stoppings.
- Unique flexibility –capable of taking significant convergence without affecting explosion rating.
- Impermeable, fire resistant, anti-static composite substrate.
- Easily secured & effectively sealed to surrounding strata.
- Optional integrated man doors or regulators.
- No dust or fumes generated during installation.
- Explosion rating is reached immediately on completion of installation.
- Can be supplied as a palletised kit for mines to install once a training package has beendelivered to mine personnel.
- Significantsavings on underground materials transport –transport costs reduced by up to 95%.
WMS is developing a novel 20 psi Flexible seal product. For more details on this new product see our new products page.