What We Do
We specialise in the recovery of longwall roof falls. We inject chemicals into the strata and up into roof cavities to enable longwall faces to safely return to normal operations.
Where We Work
Our 2 main offices are at Gateshead in Newcastle, NSW and Paget in Mackay, QLD. We serve customers at a variety of underground coal mine sites in each of the major coal mining regions such as the Hunter Valley in NSW and the Bowen Basin in QLD. We either work routinely at mine sites or on a campaign basis for emergency work where our work crews are deployed on demand. This gives our employees a wide range of exposure to different coal mines and operations.
WMS has around 85 employees operating at sites across NSW and QLD. We provide comprehensive training programs for all our employees and can offer career development opportunities to supervisory or management roles. We are always on the lookout for new people to join our company who can demonstrate a safe working culture, have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a team environment. WMS provides opportunities for professionals to work in the areas of WHS and training, quality assurance, the mechanical and workshop department and our commercial team. We work within the AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015 system and provide exciting career opportunities within the fast paced mining industry. With a focus on safety, professionalism, and individual development WMS provides a positive team culture and career advancement.
- Above award and industry standard pay rates and employee conditions
- Operational employees are provided with accommodation plus meal and travel allowances when working outside their home district
- Access to salary sacrificing on cars, laptops, flights, rental support etc.
- KPI based bonus paid annually to all non-operational employees
- Flexible access to leave entitlements such as cash out of annual and personal/carers leave, additional family leave available and the opportunity to purchase more annual leave
- Training and development for all including training provided onsite and through accredited RTO’s, internal mentoring, financial support towards external qualifications and access to study leave
- Flexible working arrangements are available
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program, including psychologist or counselling sessions, financial planning assistance, addiction support and health and fitness programs
- Great office environment with exceptional facilities in NSW and QLD including free onsite parking, showering amenities, lunch and fully stocked kitchen provided to all head office employees
- Ongoing and stable work is provided in both NSW and QLD via long term relationships and contracts WMS holds across the mining industry
OurTrainee Mineworker Program is leading the mining services sector to address the current skills shortage for technical operators.
WMS employees participate in Safety Leadership training courses to reinforce the company’s commitment to safety.
Wilson Club Rules
The Wilson Club Rules are a set of core values specific to our company that help us build a great safety culture and team environment.