10 New Trainees Kick Start Their Mining Careers
May 17, 2019
Over the last 6-months, a total of 10 trainees have successfully completed the Wilson Mining Services (WMS) Trainee Mineworker Program. This program provides cleanskin employees (ie with less than 3 months prior black coal mining experience) an ideal opportunity to kick-start their career in the underground coal industry. Highlights are:
- A targeted and structured training program
- Supervision and mentoring from experienced WMS personnel
- Sufficient time to gain experience and familiarisation with the underground work environment while controlling their exposure to workplace health and safety hazards.
- Development of skills to identify and manage hazards associated with daily work activities and environment
- Exposure to a broad range of skills and tasks in varied underground work contexts, including emergency response
WMS Trainees also obtain a valuable RII30215 Certificate III in Underground Coal Operations qualification setting them up as future leaders our of company. WMS is proud to be doing our share to address the critical shortage of skilled mineworkers and we look forward to seeing our trainees make an important contribution to the future success of our business.
For further information on the company’s activities, products and services please contact:
Mitcham Ostle – Director Marketing and Sales
Mob: 0417 224 852